Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hello and Thank You to all my followers!!!!

I just want to take a minute to say "Hello" and "Thank You" to all the people who follow my blog.



I appreciate any and all feedback that you send me. If you have a topic in mind you would like to see me post on, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you have a critique, suggestion, criticism, question, or just like what you read, please let me know.

I read your comments (so please feel free to leave comments) and try to remove any spam or inappropriate, unrelated content from them. I do NOT remove any criticisms or corrections.

You can not offend me, but are welcome to try.

I know from emails that I have received that I have people from the PEO/staffing industry, safety people, and (safety) students following me. I also have former clients who visit my site for topic ideas for their safety meetings.

I would just like to say 4 things about this blog: First is that I have a good sense of humor, and it comes through in my blog. Even though I take a less-than-serious point of view, these are VERY serious topics. I am also seriously committed to safety. I moe my grass with PPE every time. I use safety glasses, sun screen and a hat, gloves, ear muffs, and closed toe shoes.

The topics can get very boring with numbers, standards, legal citations, etc. I try to make it fun and easily understandable for the average person. I take the following approach to safety:


“Never memorize something that you can look up.” ― Albert Einstein. ["Recording the Experience" (10 June 2004) at The Library of Congress]
I don't want workers to memorize the height of a safety rail, mid rail, or toeboard, I want them to look and say "There should be a safety rail here," OR "That safety rail is too low." Then they can look up the correct measurements.

The second thing about my blog is I will speak the TRUTH. "Brutal Honesty" (as my one friend calls it) is a better description. I don't always agree with OSHA, I have strong (personal) views on Constitutional Rights, I believe in God, etc. I will state what is my beliefs when that is what they are.



I am committed to safety, but sometimes good intentions get in the way ("The OSHA Cowboy"). You will always know where I stand, and when I am wrong, I will take full responsibility.

Third, this blog is about more than just safety and the staffing industry, it is about external factors that affect both. Things such as technology (see my post: Safety and Technology). What I like about the Staffing Industry is the scope and variety. One day I can be dealing with manufacturing issues, the next transportation. Perhaps it is the ADHD, but I like the fact that it never gets boring. That is also reflected in my blog.

Finally, the goal of this blog is to get you to THINK!




Thank you for reading this post and this blog. Please feel free to tell others about it as well.





No comments: